Ask

Solution

New contract and port problem

landly
2: Seeker

Hi,

Background:
I recently took out a Vodafone PAYM contract via a third-party reseller (affordablemobiles.co.uk) which included a handset. I provided a PAC to Affordable Mobiles at the point of purchase, and received an email from Vodafone on Friday 20 October saying that the port was scheduled to happen on Monday 23 October.
However, by the end of the day on the 23rd only outgoing calls and mobile data were working (no incoming calls or SMSs). This resolved itself by midday the following day on the 24th. Ironically, when SMS messaging started working, I received a text from Vodafone saying that the port was taking longer than expected and that I'd receive an update when it was complete (I've received nothing since).

Issue:
My main issue is that I can’t set up a My Vodafone account: every time I try to register with my phone number I receive an error saying “Sorry, there seems to be a problem. We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later. - [Error ref 1w0]”. This is very frustrating as I can’t check my remaining data allowance etc.

Other potentially relevant factors:
- The Vodafone SIM wasn’t recognised by my phone until the port took place (i.e. I didn’t have a temporary Voda number - the phone just reported ‘SIM1 not provisioned’).
- I phoned Vodafone CS on the morning of 24 October (just before the full port apparently took place). While they tried to be helpful, I couldn’t pass security as they ‘didn’t have enough details’ on me, and they provided really frustrating advice including 'take some ID into a Vodafone shop and someone will <start> to look at the problem within 24 hours’.
- A few hours after this call I received an SMS from *Voxi* (who I left back in February this year) wanting to initiate a feedback survey on my ‘recent experience’.
- Ironically I had a nightmare porting my number to Voxi back in 2019 – it took over a week for the port to complete then. Porting into networks other than Vodafone has always been a smooth, transparent process, so I’m wondering why it’s gone so wrong with with Voda/Voxi both times.

Thanks in advance for any help.

4 REPLIES 4

Janey

Hi @landly 

Thanks for your message. Based on the information you've provided it sounds like the port might still be open and so it could be this that's stopping you from logging on to My Vodafone. My team would be more than happy to take a look at your account for you. Please pop us a message over on social channels and we'll see check what's going on! Just let them you know you posted here and please include a link. 

landly

Thanks, but after an infuriating exchange with your social team (which has involved me me having to set up a new Twitter account which matches my 'profile'), they are now telling me that "some of the details (sic) does not matches (sic) with the records" and are telling me I can't pass security. This is a joke - how do I escalate this please?

landly

This goes from bad to worse. The person who is now dealing with my query on Twitter has just said - I kid you not - "due to the security on the account we would advise that you speak to your third party, whom is looking after your port in". Do your employees have <any> knowledge at all?

This is all heading for a complaint to the CEO. You are an absolute joke of a company and you should be ashamed of the way you (mis-)treat your customers.  

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty completing security with us @landly. It sounds like some of the information added on your account by the 3rd party may not have been transferred to us correctly. Hence out team asking you to visit a store with photo ID so we can update your account information. To have a closer look into your account and the issue you're having setting up your app, we would need to complete security with you. If you're unable to visit a store, you can also update/verify your information online
As you're aware, we're unable to access your account through your Community query, but we may be able to help with some troubleshooting steps.

- Make sure your ported number is showing in your personal details on your phone. If not, you'll need to update this.
- Rather than trying to access the app, please try accessing your online account.
- If you can access your account online, please try resetting the app by going to App Settings > Reset App.