Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Transfer of contract to Australia

Kerryn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I want to renew my Vodafone contract yet am worried that I can’t transfer it to Australia if I need to move back within the contract period. 

Is it possible to transfer the contracts between Vodafone companies yet? 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Kerryn 

If you are going to be moving abroad, it may be best to just let your current contract roll over on a month to month basis or change to a 30 day SIM only.  If you want to keep the number, ask Vodafone to put the number on PAYG, perhaps someone you know in the UK can make the occasional chargeable activity to keep the SIM active.

Vodafone Australia is a separate network and company, your contract will be with Vodafone UK with a UK allowance of minutes, texts and data.  This means if you renewed your agreement you would need to terminate your contract payming any early termination charges or try and do a change of ownership here:  Can I transfer my number and contract to someone else? 

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @Kerryn 

If you are going to be moving abroad, it may be best to just let your current contract roll over on a month to month basis or change to a 30 day SIM only.  If you want to keep the number, ask Vodafone to put the number on PAYG, perhaps someone you know in the UK can make the occasional chargeable activity to keep the SIM active.

Vodafone Australia is a separate network and company, your contract will be with Vodafone UK with a UK allowance of minutes, texts and data.  This means if you renewed your agreement you would need to terminate your contract payming any early termination charges or try and do a change of ownership here:  Can I transfer my number and contract to someone else? 

Thanks Ann, I thought this might be the case. It’s just that my current phone is on its way out and I prefer contracts than purchasing outright due to the cost. 

Thanks for the reply.