Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VAT Invoicing - Personal Pay Monthly Account

KelDavey1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All, I have been receiving monthly VAT invoices (VAT shown on my monthly bills which also has Vodafone's VAT Number) fine up until November 2021. Since December 2021, my bills no longer show the VAT, Vodafones VAT number, and on the last page say "This is not a VAT invoice". 

I searched Vodafone for the solution and found this: 

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Billing/Viewing-my-bill/1751030632/Can-I-get-my-bill-as-a-VAT-receipt...

Simple it seems, however, 1 hour later on call, 2 live chats and I'm told that personal customers can no longer have a VAT invoice. This is against 1. Vodafone's information on the website link above, and 2. Against HMRC rules to not issue a VAT receipt when asked. 

Does anyone have any further information on this, or who can help me to get this resolved? 

Many Thanks :Smiling:

11 REPLIES 11

MarkD

Hi @KelDavey1, we're sorry to hear about your experience trying to get the VAT invoices. The normal process would be, you give us a call, the advisor will get your request processed and the VAT invoice will be available to view after 24 hours in the My Vodafone online account or by using the My Vodafone app. Following your call to our Customer Care team, are the VAT invoices showing on your My Vodafone account? You can sign in, or create an account here. Let us know how you get on. 

Hi Mark, I've just logged in to check and unfortunately there are still no VAT invoices for my account. Do you know how I can escalate this? Appreciate your help. David

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know @KelDavey1 - so we can double check this for you, please pop my team a message over social media and if you include a link to your community post, you won't need to repeat yourself 🙂

Thanks. Dropped a message on twitter

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update @KelDavey1 - if we haven't already, we'll be in touch soon 👍

Unfortunately they couldn't / wouldn't help

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KelDavey1 I can see this has been escalated for you - I'd recommend checking our latest response 🙂

I'm 100% with you here ... why is it SO bloody difficult to get a VAT invoice for our monthly device payments?  I, like many, require them for my business accounts but every single time it takes a long winded chat via TOBI and then with an agent to achieve what used to happen automatically.  Surely you should have sorted this by now Vodafone.  It's extremely frustrating for your customers and wastes your agents' time as well.  Bad news all round!!!  Why isn't there a simple online process for doing this? You've had over a year to get it sorted ...

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @loubyg63, If you pop us a message via one of our social channels, we'll be more than happy to look into getting VAT invoices for you.