Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Waiting time on hold

ElaineD
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've now been on hold for 2.5 hours just to cancel one phone that should have been cancelled months ago. This is ridiculous.

I can't even go do anything as I'm hard of hearing so wouldn't hear someone answering if I don't concentrate on the call.

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @ElaineD 

You don't need to speak to Vodafone now to cancel, this can be done by text message.

If you don't want to keep the number text STAC to 75075, then just get a friend on an alternative network to submit the STAC, this will immediately cancel your account without having any effect on your friends mobile account.  If you are taking the number to an alternative network use the text PAC option, as soon as the PAC is used, this will immediately cancel the account and generate the final billing.

See this link for further support: How to leave Vodafone? 

edited: @ElaineD 

In view of your last reply raise this with the Social Team with a link to the thread here: Contact the Social Team for Account Specific Enquiries Twitter works well and you should get aquick response.

Will this work if there is two phones on the account but I only want to cancel one? Also the phone is not working so can not text from the number I want to cancel would only be the number I want to keep.

I did the online chat and it said I had to phone so didn't know you could text as wasn't given that option.

AnnS

Oh Dear @ElaineD  having two lines does make this difficult and you are going to need to speak to someone.

When you do get through to someone, you will know they will be working from home, it must have a tremendous effort for Vodafone to set staff up to work from home with access to the same information they would have had at the call centre.  I would try first thing to the morning, you should have better luck when the lines open at 8 am.

So managed to get them to cancel one of the contracts (got the email was happy). I have now received an email saying they've put into a new contract with the number I had asked to be cancelled.

I don't think I could sit on hold for 3.5 hours again (don't have time to sit on hold that long again).