Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

What is happening to my account?

highlxnd
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have woken up to a spam of text messages from Vodafone turning on and off different things on my account. The biggest one is they have switched my monthly contract to a Pay as you go account now? Why is this happening? 

Picture shows:

8D15694F-956C-4E29-B494-8BC9173936A3.png

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @highlxnd 

You are receiving notifications for the change to PAYG to update the APN data settings. Text WEB to 40127 to download the settings and update the SIM on the network. Also, make  sure the phone APN  is now set to pp (prepaid) for the change to PAYG.

Edited to add. The notifications are for services not  available on PAYG.

As far as I'm concerned I was on a monthly contract. I also didn't make any changes to PAYG so why is this happening? Adult content blocks are back on, voicemail has been deactivated. It's like my account has been cancelled. I have arrears to pay on this account

AnnS

Yes @highlxnd 

You need to active  voicemail for PAYG by dialling 1211.

I don't think you understand. I am on a Monthly account. I still have a lot of time in my contract yet. It shouldn't be ended. I am not on PAYG. I am a monthly account holder and it's saying I have used all of my monthly allowance but I am supposed to be on unlimited everything! My account had been deactivated!

hrym

Something very odd is going on and I wouldn't absolutely rule out your account being hacked, though it's also possible there's been a system glitch.

Is your phone still working?   If so, the messages may be spam, so don't touch any links.   Contact Cusromer Services or the Social Media team and ask them to check for you.

Hi @hyrm

I have figured out after phoning it is because of debt collection. Thanks for your help

Okay so I'll start off how I came down with coronavirus back on September the 7th until the 21st. I got into contact with Ardent the debt collection agency whom my arrears were with at the time. I made a plan to make the protection (extension) payment of £83.76 in order to make this affordable for myself. Then I could go on to paying more next week and the week after to pay off my full settlement fee of £335.18. After all of this being paid, I would be in the clear! Wrong!!

I contacted Ardent on the 5th of October as planned and promised to pay my protection (extension) fee. They had told me that they're very sorry and unfortunately the matter has been passed back to Vodafone. I was quite annoyed because not only have I been lied to but now I have to seek out more support on the very slow at the moment chat and line supports. 

Fast forward to (on the same day) being on the Vodafone chat. I contacted them asking where my arrears are and what company is holding them. I begged and pleaded to pay this settlement fee but they were telling me that the arrears were still with Ardent. I thought okay, fine. Maybe my call with Ardent was a dud. I'll phone again. Annoyed, I left the chat and phoned Ardent again and asked another agent if my arrears were with them after giving my information. They declined and said that they gave my details over to Vodafone again. I went back on to the Vodafone chat agent who was still on chat (I didn't realise that it didn't end) so I thought great, I'll tell him/her what happened after their advice. They kept on telling me that it isn't with Vodafone and that it is most definitely with Ardent and I need to wait a few days for their account to update. I'm sorry what? I just came off the phone to then who have no idea about the arrears anymore. No matter what I said, this Vodafone agent wouldn't understand. 

Now I'm very upset and angry. A few days after this I had received text messages on changes to my account such as the age restriction put back into place, my voicemail was cancelled, my contract changed from monthly to pay as you go. Nothing tells me in written words that my contract has been cancelled but I get the point. I know what's going on here. I try to contact them again about it but the same thing...

Fast forward to today where I've been waiting for Ardent to call in case Vodafone was right but still absolutely nothing. I also received a text that my next bill is set to £1970.95 and is due within the next 2 weeks???? How on EARTH am I going to pay for something like this? I have tried SO hard to get in touch with Vodafone and Ardent but I have not been helped and I have been left neglected for so so long. Not only this but I'm having problems with my broadband with Virgin Media and other various little things. This is definitely not helping me with my mental health either. I feel so ruined. I was even promised a "Promise to Pay" scheme from a Vodafone agent...

Please does anyone have any advice, legal advice or anything? I'm set to be moving out within the next 30 days or so and the last thing I want is a bailiff at my door whilst I have just settled in.

I have two main questions about this matter.

Where are my arrears?

How do I pay them without spoiling my contract?

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hey there, 

Doesn't sound like you've been having a great time. I think what you need here is for someone at Vodafone to own this case and help manage it to resolution as it sounds like you're getting some conflicting information along the way. 

This is a peer-to-peer forum so whilst you'll get some good advice, it is literally only that. 

So what I'd recommend is go to www.vodafone.co.uk/complaints and register all the information on there. You'll get someone from the complaints team pick this up. They'll be able to speak to who they need to speak to on their side in order to get this sorted out one way or another. 

I do wish you luck... sounds like a bit of a nightmare 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @highlxnd, I'm sorry to hear of your experience here, this is certainly not what we expect for our customers. 

It sounds like you'll need to speak to our Collections team, they'll be able to take an in-depth look over your account and can advise where your arrears are, and the best way to clear this. The best way to contact them is my calling 191 from a Vodafone mobile or 0333 3040 191 from another device. 

Alternatively, if you use Twitter or Facebook, you can contact our brilliant Social Media team here, who will be able to speak to our collections team for you.