Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sim network pin blocked enter sim network puk

pddaks
4: Newbie

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me out. 

I've Galaxy S7 Edge phone on small business pay monthly account. I wanted to use other network SIM with this phone. When I insert other netowrk's SIM it prompts me to enter PUK

sim network pin blocked enter sim network puk

I've contacted Vodafone at least 4 times in past 2 months to get this issue resolved but still no one in their team has been able to figure out what to do. 

FYI I haven't entered any incorrect SIM/Code or any other thing in phone or have done anything wrong with SIM.

And yes I've already tried that link where you request NUC and also a PUK was provided by their support on chat. None of these helped. I don' tneed NUC. I need them to unlock phone to be used with any other SIM. There is nothing wrong with other netowrk SIM either it works perfectly on other unlocked phone. 

It's vodafone who have to unlock phone to let me use it with any other SIM. How on the Earth I communicate this to them so that they understand it and resolve my issue. 

Any help?

133 REPLIES 133

No joy I am afraid, still can't unlock my phone

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Philip11 It's disappointing to hear your phone hasn't been unlocked for you yet, I understand how unsatisfying this must be for you. As we sent you a private message previously, did you submit your details via the required form?If so, you should have received an automated email with a reference number, which looks something like this [#12345678], can you please confirm this back to me? Once you've done this, I'll be able to see if we've received your details and check the progress of your query.

Yes I have just completed the form about 2.30 pm today ..Thanks

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

That's great @Philip11. A member of our team are usually in touch within the next 48 hours. If you'd like us to confirm we've received your details, please let me know your reference number 🙂

I am now experiencing this same problem.

Given the number of people with this same complaint, and other information online which supports this, why has Vodafone not identified that certain Samsung devices ask for a PUK code rather than an MCK code? It is so frustrating to be told that I have locked my SIM card when I have not.

Surely the moderators on this forum alone can see a link between the different customer complaints? Requesting a master code and getting an NUC code back after 10 days is just unacceptable. Why is the assumption made that the customer is asking for the wrong thing? Or is it that Vodafone customer service is so poorly trained that they dont know what they are talking about?

Its a case of lack of communication I intend to follow this case right the way through until my phone is unlocked leaving no stone unturned and hopefully some good will come out of it I will keep you informed as to how this gets resolved if you like

Yes please, I hope you get this resolved soon  

• Looking at other people on this forum its a very common problem

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm disappointed to hear the NUC provided hasn't been successful @Xavierfirth. We'll be happy to get this sorted for you. As we'll need access to your account to do this, please get in touch through this private message and we'll be in touch.

I've checked the reference number provided @Philip11 and this appears to be a digit short, please check and resubmit this and I'll chase a response for you.

Thanks, Mark. I have completed and sent the form you linked to in the PM.