Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

Jengoddard
2: Seeker

My pixel 3xl drops every call (made or received) after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I don't know if this is related to phone settings, network or what so wondered if anyone had had similar issues or knew of a fix. It's a real pain in the backside as currently working from home and means I get cut off in every conference call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

474 REPLIES 474

I have the problem of calls dropping after 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I have had this issue for more than 2 years, though there was a period of a few months in between where it stopped.... And then it came back. My mum's phone has now got the same issue, hers having started about 4 months ago. 

I have a Sony XA2, my mum a Sony XZ2 compact. Software is up to date. 

We need this fixed, it makes it impossible to call call centres as sometimes I am cut off whilst on hold, before I've even got through. It is not acceptable. 

Hi. Like all others on this forum, I've had the same issue, for well over a year now. Many others do, too, I suspect, but they don't even know it, as they never make calls over half an hour. A workaround for this issue is to open the 'My Vodafone' App, select 'Manage Bars and Extras', then under 'Calling Options', disable the 'Wifi & 4g calling' tab. This is what I've done. It will leave your phone on 4g until you make a phone call, then it will switch to 3g (possibly displayed as 'H' or 'H+' on your Sony) for the call. Using this workaround, I can make calls of any duration (via 3g). Only 4g calls are disconnected at 29:50. I hope this helps, but please be aware, this is NOT a solution, just a way to make longer calls while we wait for Vodafone to sort this issue out. (Please don't 'hold your breath', though, I suspect, they'll never resolve the 4g calling issue, they've been promising 'fixes' for at least a year). If you're on Facebook, or Twitter, please post about this problem, and ask people to test their own Vodafone handsets, by phoning their home phones with 4g calling enabled. Thanks. Kind regards, Dave.

@Tash

Is there any update please?

I'm going to try a call now to my own landline to see if anything has been fixed for me.

Neil

Yep....and as I guessed, no change. Call bombed out at 29m 50s as usual

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've contacted Tash and she's still looking into this for you @neilhunter14. We're still awaiting a further update. If we've not heard anything by the end of the day, we'll reach out to them again.

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience while we complete our investigation into this.

hi,

I have a sony xperia XZ premium, and for around the last 12 months my phone has been cutting out at 29 minutes and 50 seconds. It's getting really annoying. I thought it was something wrong with my phone but reading the number of forum posts I see that is a widespread issue.

What on earth is vodafone doing not getting this issue sorted?

Turning 4G calling off is not a solution. Sometimes people need to make phonecalls and use the phones 4G connection.

Any updates? Another few weeks have gone by  and still no resolution in sight. I've had this for nearly 2 years now :Sad_face:

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all! We are continuing to chase this up and working on seeking a resolution. We appreciate that the time this is taking isn't ideal at all, we'll keep you updated.

@rangor_gubbins If you are experiencing issues on the latest software, please drop us a message on Social Media so we can take the following details from you securely:

- Your name and mobile number

- Model of your phone

- The software version/build number in use

- Where the phone was purchased from

- The link to your post/the thread (you then won't need to repeat your query)

hi Evie and the other moderators,

I don't really use social media. Can i provide my details using another secure method?

P.s. my phone is still cutting out all phonecalls at exactly 29 min and 50 seconds.

Hi @rangor_gubbins, thanks for getting back to us to us. Do you have access to a Twitter or Facebook account that you could send a message on? This doesn't need to be in your name. If not, we do have a Live Chat option in the link sent over by @Evie 🙂