Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S7 "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've got a Galaxy S7, which was locked to Vodaphone and want to be able to use it instead of my MotoG which is on another Netwrok.

My problem started when I installed the EE SIM into the Samsung S7, and it asked for the "SIM network PIN". As a novice I assumed this was the SIM PIN supplied by EE on the SIM Card. However, as I found to my cost, it was asking for Network Unlock Code (NUC), as the phone was locked to Vodaphone. But due to attempting to enter the WRONG SIM PIN too many times, it is now asking for the "SIM network PUK".

'Direct Unlocks', requested the unlock codes from Vodaphone and  have sent me both:

1. Network Unlock Code  & 2. Defreeze Code

However, when I power up the Samsung S7, it comes up with the following prompt:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

I have tried entering both the NUC and the Defreeze codes at this prompt, but both result in the following response on the Samsung S7, "Network Unlock Request Unsuccesful".

I can see that other people have had the same issue, and a 'Moderator' seems to be of great help!!

Can you advise...thanks!!

Regards

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous We'll be happy to help get your phone unlocked for you 😊 We'll need to access your account to discuss this further. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

View solution in original position

99 REPLIES 99

Good evening I have the same issue I asked for unlock code I did everything but still not working I have Samsung 8+ and I need it to travel abroad so can anyone help me please many thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Kim786! We'll need to get this escalated to our NUC team for you. If you could pop our Social Media Team a  message here, we'll get the ball rolling for you.

Trying to put a new network SIM into a vodafone phone.  (Just trying to leave Vodafone!)

I am getting a message once i turn on 'SIM NETWORK PIN BLOCKED. ENTER SIM NETWORK PUK'

I have contacted support multiple times and each time keep getting an NUC code.  This does not work!!!!!!

How many times do i need to receive the NUC code before you realize this is not the issue/fix???

Clearly with a forum being created with this title suggests its a major issue? Do you not communicate with each other solutions?

I want someone to contact me so that i can finally get away from Vodafone!

Hi @davidmuir34 👋 The message you are receiving suggest the NUC code has been entered incorrectly too many times and we may need to request a different type of code from the manufacturer, as we have no account access here could you contact us by following this link and we will be able to raise this request for you.  

Hi

I have went through to live support and they have escalated this.

Clearly it has nothing to do with entering the wrong NUC code. If thats the case, then everyone who has added to such a large page of issues with this message....

SIM NETWORK PIN BLOCKED. ENTER SIM NETWORK PUK

Has been entering the wrong NUC code.

Would like this resolved asap. i paid for the phone for 24 months i should expect to use after contract is finished

petersmith69
1: Seeker

i am sorry to hear that you are having issue with Samsung.This is for the  first time I am hearing this issue.Try contcting the service station. They might replace your phone or just repair it.

Nathanpfc
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I also am going through this same problem and no unlock codes seem to be working and it's driving me mad, please can the moderator help?

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Nathanpfc, it's disappointing to hear you're having problems getting your phone unlocked too. So I can escalate this to our NUC team, for them to take a look into; I've popped you a private message over with details on how to get in touch.

I've also been having this problem. I got sent the NUC code and entered that now its just coming up with sim blocked enter PUK code.

I'm having the exact same issue, please help.