Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S7 "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've got a Galaxy S7, which was locked to Vodaphone and want to be able to use it instead of my MotoG which is on another Netwrok.

My problem started when I installed the EE SIM into the Samsung S7, and it asked for the "SIM network PIN". As a novice I assumed this was the SIM PIN supplied by EE on the SIM Card. However, as I found to my cost, it was asking for Network Unlock Code (NUC), as the phone was locked to Vodaphone. But due to attempting to enter the WRONG SIM PIN too many times, it is now asking for the "SIM network PUK".

'Direct Unlocks', requested the unlock codes from Vodaphone and  have sent me both:

1. Network Unlock Code  & 2. Defreeze Code

However, when I power up the Samsung S7, it comes up with the following prompt:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

I have tried entering both the NUC and the Defreeze codes at this prompt, but both result in the following response on the Samsung S7, "Network Unlock Request Unsuccesful".

I can see that other people have had the same issue, and a 'Moderator' seems to be of great help!!

Can you advise...thanks!!

Regards

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous We'll be happy to help get your phone unlocked for you 😊 We'll need to access your account to discuss this further. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

View solution in original position

99 REPLIES 99

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rich_T86 We can help with any issues you're having with unlocking your phone.

Please pop a message over to us on Facebook or Twitter with your Community username and link to your post. You then won't need to repeat your query and we can help :Smiling:

Yeah I can't do that as they verify your info for security via a security code sent to my mobile phone number...which is network locked due to your incorrect NUC code. Still waiting for a 'Master Code'. 2 weeks and counting without a working phone. Logged a customer complaint and no one has responded to that either. I get better customer service in my local kebab house. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rich_T86  If you're unable to receive a text from us we'll be able to complete security with you through alternative questions :Thumbs_Up:

Hi,

I recently gave my old Samsung Galaxy S7 phone to my sister, who is with EE. She now has the "SIM network pin blocked, Enter SIM network PUK" error message. I've spoken to Vodafone live chat on 5 seperate occasions, been given NUC, PUK, and another NUC code. My sister has contacted EE who gave her a PUK code, which also didn't work. I spoke to someone last week who assured me that a master reset code who be forthcoming within 48 hours - Still waiting. So chased this up and the opperator, again, assured me that he has spoken to the NUC team and a code would arrive in my inbox within 12 hours - that was 2 days ago. To say that I'm disillusioned with Vodafone customer service is an understatement. I also had another issue regarding an upgraded phone that has taken over a month to resolve. After being with vodafone for numerous years now, this debacle means that I will be switching to another provider when my contract is up

Jason

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @H_Jukes1984, it's sounds like you've been given the run around. So we can escalate this to our NUC team, please contact our team via Facebook, or get in touch on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

Hi all,

My issue has earlier been resolved so I thought I would shed some light on the solution in case it speeds up any current/future such situations.

Issue: As mentioned, the message on the phone says its requiring network SIM PUK. This is causing confusion because we might go to Vodafone quoting this and we would be redirected to the network whose SIM it is that couldnt help us.

Solution: That PUK message is deceiving and what actually is needed is an alternative code from Samsung (thats literally how I got it written in the Vodafone mail with the codes). I cant on 100% claim that this was the master unlock or something else but its also an 8 digit number that worked and then it asked for the NUC (this time it does say network unlock as it should) which would be the usual code you get to request via the Vodafone form.

I would expect this is happening because the NUC has been wrongly typed multiple times but that never came up for me so perhaps its a phone related issue surrounding the unlock (just a guess).

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @SK1234 - I'm pleased to hear it's all sorted for you - thanks for updating the thread and letting us know. 

Philip11
4: Newbie

What has been the outcome to your situation ,,I am going through the same problem, same error messages .Just like your problem... phil

no outcome yet, Vodafone contacted me Monday but has not gotten back to me yet, will keep you posted

They have sent me a four digit code via txt ,the txt reads ,this is your one time code ,,,, it doesn't tell me anything regarding if it works once or if you should use it with the original unlocking code they sent me..