cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Facebook app not working since latest update (3rd Aug 2016)

Lawebley
3: Seeker

My Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 will not boot up Facebook or Instagram since they updated today on August 3rd 2016. I've uninstalled both apps and reinstalled them, cleared the cache on both apps and have restarted my phone several times.

I'm at a loss as to what to do to resolve the situation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ailbhe
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

##~##

This link as been removed as it is Spam, this goes against our Community Guidelines.

View solution in original position

46 REPLIES 46

bobbycellis
Exactly my point is there a way of fixing this tho

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@bobbycellis There is no way to fix it safely until Facebook release a new update without the bug.

bobbycellis
Ohh okay thx x

westworld
I have exactly the same issue on my ultra 6

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi. This allows the Facebook app to be installed from a source other than the play store, probably this is an older version.

Always be aware that installing apps from places other than the play store does have risks, malware etc.

This worked fine - I have since turned off the security setting allowing downloads from unknown sources. Thanks guys.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@PedroZG wrote:

This worked fine - I have since turned off the security setting allowing downloads from unknown sources. Thanks guys.

Unless you know and trust the source, you should not install apps or software from unknown sources. I'd strongly recommend that you turn the security setting back on and remove what you've installed. You have no guarantee that the app is legitimate or that it doesn't contain malware.

PWIAC

I probably worded my comments badly using a double negative. I did turn the security settings back on, drey_p. Thanks though.

@drey_p wrote:

@PedroZG wrote:

Unless you know and trust the source, you should not install apps or software from unknown sources. I'd strongly recommend that you turn the security setting back on and remove what you've installed. You have no guarantee that the app is legitimate or that it doesn't contain malware.

I probably worded my comments badly using a double negative. I did turn the security settings back on. Thanks for pointing it out though Drew,