cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Facebook app not working since latest update (3rd Aug 2016)

Lawebley
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 will not boot up Facebook or Instagram since they updated today on August 3rd 2016. I've uninstalled both apps and reinstalled them, cleared the cache on both apps and have restarted my phone several times.

I'm at a loss as to what to do to resolve the situation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ailbhe
2: Seeker

##~##

This link as been removed as it is Spam, this goes against our Community Guidelines.

View solution in original position

46 REPLIES 46

I am replying to 63johnw's post of ‎09-08-2016 10:59 AM "Re: Facebook app not working since latest update (3rd Aug 2016)".

Just checking my reply is linked to John's original message.

If not, can someone advise please?

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@PedroZG wrote:

I am replying to 63johnw's post of ‎09-08-2016 10:59 AM "Re: Facebook app not working since latest update (3rd Aug 2016)".

@63johnw

It is now

@kids wrote:

@PedroZG wrote:

@63johnw

It is now

Ah - I need to use "> Quote" - d'oh

Godders78
I have the same facebook prob. Did a factory reset, prob still there, lost all phone data, cannot find it

kids

@Godders78 wrote:
I have the same facebook prob. Did a factory reset, prob still there, lost all phone data, cannot find it

There is no point in doing a factory reset as the problem is with the Facebook app and not the phone. The best thing is just to delete the app and wait for Facebook to push out the next update.

As has been mentioned if you did not back up your data before the reset then everything is lost, although email should be recoverable if you synced your email to your email provider.

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi. Did you back everything up before the reset?

If not then its all gone.

What data are you looking for?

Ozark85
Facebook is up and running again.