main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Facebook app not working since latest update (3rd Aug 2016)

SOLVED
View solved solution
bobbycellis
3: Seeker
Is there a way of getting messenger
View more options
kids
Community Champion (Retired)

Are you after an earlier version of Messenger or do you not have it?

View more options
Lawebley

I Googled 'Facebook messenger android apk old version'

The first result from uptodown.com was the one I used. Worked for me.

Edit: The version of Messenger that worked for me was 81.0.0.15.78 which I got from uptodown dot com.

View more options
Jackiebrowne88
2: Seeker
I have the same problem with facebook. I downloaded ailbhes link but cannot install it. When I click install nothing happens, has anyone had this problem?
View more options
JuleZimmi
1: Seeker
Now it's saying the the app isn't compatible with the device! I don't know whats up with that. This phone isn't old at all and everything else works perfectly fine.
View more options
Lawebley
I didn't have this problem but if you go into settings/security and make sure the option to accept installations from unknown sources is active, that may help.
View more options
Lawebley

Try going into your settings/security and activate the option to install apps from unknown sources.

View more options
63johnw
17: Community Champion
View more options
bobbycellis
Exactly my point is there a way of fixing this tho
View more options
kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@bobbycellis There is no way to fix it safely until Facebook release a new update without the bug.

View more options
bobbycellis
View more options
westworld
I have exactly the same issue on my ultra 6
View more options
PedroZG

- what does this link do please?

View more options
drey_p
16: Advanced member

@PedroZG wrote:

- what does this link do please?

Which link are you referring to?

PWIAC

View more options
PedroZG

What does Ailbe's link do

##~##

We have removed this link as it is Spam, this goes against our Community guidelines.

View more options
63johnw
Hi. This allows the Facebook app to be installed from a source other than the play store, probably this is an older version.

Always be aware that installing apps from places other than the play store does have risks, malware etc.
View more options
PedroZG

This worked fine - I have since turned off the security setting allowing downloads from unknown sources. Thanks guys.

View more options
drey_p
16: Advanced member

@PedroZG wrote:

This worked fine - I have since turned off the security setting allowing downloads from unknown sources. Thanks guys.

Unless you know and trust the source, you should not install apps or software from unknown sources. I'd strongly recommend that you turn the security setting back on and remove what you've installed. You have no guarantee that the app is legitimate or that it doesn't contain malware.

PWIAC

View more options
Godders78
2: Seeker
I have the same facebook prob. Did a factory reset, prob still there, lost all phone data, cannot find it
View more options
63johnw
Hi. Did you back everything up before the reset?

If not then its all gone.

What data are you looking for?
View more options