main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Facebook app not working since latest update (3rd Aug 2016)

SOLVED
View solved solution
kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@Godders78 wrote:
I have the same facebook prob. Did a factory reset, prob still there, lost all phone data, cannot find it

There is no point in doing a factory reset as the problem is with the Facebook app and not the phone. The best thing is just to delete the app and wait for Facebook to push out the next update.

As has been mentioned if you did not back up your data before the reset then everything is lost, although email should be recoverable if you synced your email to your email provider.

View more options
Ozark85
2: Seeker
Facebook is up and running again.
View more options
PedroZG
3: Seeker

I probably worded my comments badly using a double negative. I did turn the security settings back on, drey_p. Thanks though.

View more options
PedroZG

I am replying to 63johnw's post of ‎09-08-2016 10:59 AM "Re: Facebook app not working since latest update (3rd Aug 2016)".

Just checking my reply is linked to John's original message.

If not, can someone advise please?

View more options
kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@PedroZG wrote:

I am replying to 63johnw's post of ‎09-08-2016 10:59 AM "Re: Facebook app not working since latest update (3rd Aug 2016)".

@63johnw

It is now

View more options
PedroZG

@kids wrote:

@PedroZG wrote:

@63johnw

It is now

Ah - I need to use "> Quote" - d'oh

View more options
PedroZG

@drey_p wrote:

@PedroZG wrote:

This worked fine - I have since turned off the security setting allowing downloads from unknown sources. Thanks guys.

Unless you know and trust the source, you should not install apps or software from unknown sources. I'd strongly recommend that you turn the security setting back on and remove what you've installed. You have no guarantee that the app is legitimate or that it doesn't contain malware.

I probably worded my comments badly using a double negative. I did turn the security settings back on. Thanks for pointing it out though Drew,

View more options