Ask

Solution

Phone not connecting to Sure Signal when on 4G

fenchurchjames
2: Seeker

Hi Forum,

So my problem is this:

When at home I have pretty poor coverage so I have a sure signal. When indoors, sometimes my devices (Samsung Galaxy S4, S4 Mini and iPhone 6) connect to a very weak 4G signal. If I then go to make a phone call, as with all calls - the connection method drops to 3G to make the call. Under these circumstances, the device NEVER connects to the sure signal to make the call - it ALWAYS drops down to the 3G connection on the cell that i was connected to 4G on.

If however, if I dissable 4G on the device - it connects to the sure signal (because it is a stronger signal I'm guessing) first time almost every time.

How can I have 4G turned on on the devices and ensure that when making a call - the devices connect to the sure signal?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

The only way to deal with your situation is to switch your phone to 3G when you get home.  In order to make phone calls, your handset has to drop down to 3G as 4G is currently a data only technology. Because it is doing this, it will drop to 3G on the same site you are currently getting signal on. It won't necessarily pick up the stronger 3G signal coming from the SureSignal device. 

PWIAC

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

drey_p

Hi there

The only way to deal with your situation is to switch your phone to 3G when you get home.  In order to make phone calls, your handset has to drop down to 3G as 4G is currently a data only technology. Because it is doing this, it will drop to 3G on the same site you are currently getting signal on. It won't necessarily pick up the stronger 3G signal coming from the SureSignal device. 

PWIAC

tamanacoblue

Whats the use of upgrading to 4G if you are not also going to upgrade the hardware.   SureSignal used to be good now its crap.