cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fibre install issues (CityFibre cannot connect it) and getting support or info from Vodafone

lonesheepma
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My Fibre install was meant to occur today, but CityFibre have issues meaning the cable cannot reach the box on the street due to some blockage.

Told be to contact Vodafone - which is nigh on impossible to talk to a human due to the automated phone system not understanding the reason for the issue.  If there anyway I can talk to some human to ask how this is going to be resolved - or get some indication of if I am to lose service with my existing supplier - with people working at home and needing broadband this isn't acceptable.

I have mobile backup and a box for it...but without having any cable connection, the android app doesn't seem to want to connect to the router and just goes into a unending loop finding the router...!

If it easy to just cancel the move to vodafone as if this is the level of service I can expect as a customer I'm not sure I want to put up with it for the next 2 years !!!

5 REPLIES 5

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear City Fibre haven't been able to complete your installation @lonesheepma. We can take a look into this for you. As we'll need access to your account to do this, please pop us a DM via one of our social channels and we'll take a closer look into this for you.

Well thanks for getting back to me, but I don't do social media.  

For a telecoms company, I'm surprised Vodafone shun using the telephone so much.

It took over an hour to get through to an advisor today via the awful Tobi (?) assistant after being passed through 3 departments.  End result was given a telephone number to call and gave up after waiting on that for 40 minutes.  

So as a customer I have no idea what is going on with my activation.  CityFibre, who I can get through to won't give me any info and tell me to speak with Vodafone... Vodafone are next to useless.

Dont waste your time with these clowns!

cityfbre and vodafone cannot deliver a service.  Go to Virgin!!!

Cynric
16: Advanced member

" Go to Virgin!!!" and other ISPs are available 😀

Jayach

Many people don't have the option of Virgin, they only cover just over half of the UK.