Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch Causes new Vox 3 Router to Crash and loose internet access

boardmann
4: Newbie

Ive had an appalling experience with Vodafone a red cable link issue is only the tip of the iceburg.

Since they sent me there new router to try to rectify some issues ive been having its been randemly crashing sometimes every ten mins or so.

I have today been informed by the Directors office that there is a compatability problem between Apples Watch and the firmware installed in the new router causing random crashes on the new Vox 3 router it just reboots causing it to loose internet access.

I was just amazed that Vodafone could send out these new routers with such a massive problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just spoke with Vodafone. The Tech 2 team in India are incorrectly telling people that the issue is fixed and you need to do a factory reset to resolve the issue.  This is not correct.

I then spoke to Vodafone Tech 2 in the UK and they say that they are being overwhelmed with fault calls as lots of people got watches for Christmas. 

They say that they are still working on a fix and this will be pushed out in phases starting in about a week's time.

Apparently you may lose service for a while whilst the firmware update is applied. 

I suggest you take a note of your firmware versions and check back daily to see when you get the update. Then switch your watch back on and pray like crazy it's fixed the problem!

I was told compensation would be applied automatically if you logged a ticket with Vodafone, but clearly keep an eye on that!

Good luck everyone, at least Vodafone know what the issue is, and it is a priority for them. 

View solution in original position

63 REPLIES 63

Have you tried to contact the directors office regarding your requests the number is 0808 003 5200 and you'll need your six didgit reference number which should of been sent in a return email.

Thanks , will do this afternoon 

Hi Just a bit more information, have just read on the forum by a member called bobsgigafast that a new firmware is going to be released by VF either next week on by the latest 8th December 2019.

Recieved a call a few minutes ago from the directors office and am informed the fix is unlikely to be rolled out until january.

They are sending out a new router to see if this helps my dropped connection.

I am informed that I am unable to be released from my contract.

Lets hope the new router helps my connection but I dont see how in my opinion.

Still bumping along at 18meg despite my minimum being 30 meg.

4th day with no drop outs, new router arrived and is up and working.

still only bumping along at 18 meg and CS have not contacted me as yet   72 hours this afternoon.

i have recieved a call from directors office tho ref the new router.

update

Bt openreach engineer called yesterday , sent by vodafone for a line fault.

I explained everything to him around the watches disconecting the router which in turn would lower my speed.

He was absolutely brilliant, escalated to his manager who reset the line for me.

Now at 40 meg , no drop outs since it was reset at 3.00pm yesterday 🙂

Vodafone need to let their tech team know and openreach that this is a problem, how many hours would open reach investigate a non existent fault and if only they knew about the watch debacle could be solved in less than an hour.

If not expect to go round in circles for months.

Not good enough Vodafone.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@philds Glad to hear your speeds have now improved for you after the call! 
I'm really sorry for the amount of time this has taken to resolve. If there's anything else we can help with in the future, please come back to us here on the Community. 

Gbh1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I also have the same. I cant charge my Apple Watch in my home as my internet gos down. I am not sure what to do. I am going to see if Vodafone will let me out  my Internet contract. I can do anything if my Apple Watch is on 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'd like to take a look into why this is happening for you and help to resolve this @Gbh1.

Please message us on Facebook or Twitter and a member of our team will be in touch to help. Please ensure you include a link to your post and your Community username in your message. You then won't need to repeat yourself and we can resolve things quickly.  

This has been going on due to the massive incompetence of Vodafone and its IT Team. They release a new Router that is incompatible with Apple products mainly the Apple watch which causes the router to re-boot an loose its internet connection. An appalling mess