Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch Causes new Vox 3 Router to Crash and loose internet access

boardmann
4: Newbie

Ive had an appalling experience with Vodafone a red cable link issue is only the tip of the iceburg.

Since they sent me there new router to try to rectify some issues ive been having its been randemly crashing sometimes every ten mins or so.

I have today been informed by the Directors office that there is a compatability problem between Apples Watch and the firmware installed in the new router causing random crashes on the new Vox 3 router it just reboots causing it to loose internet access.

I was just amazed that Vodafone could send out these new routers with such a massive problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just spoke with Vodafone. The Tech 2 team in India are incorrectly telling people that the issue is fixed and you need to do a factory reset to resolve the issue.  This is not correct.

I then spoke to Vodafone Tech 2 in the UK and they say that they are being overwhelmed with fault calls as lots of people got watches for Christmas. 

They say that they are still working on a fix and this will be pushed out in phases starting in about a week's time.

Apparently you may lose service for a while whilst the firmware update is applied. 

I suggest you take a note of your firmware versions and check back daily to see when you get the update. Then switch your watch back on and pray like crazy it's fixed the problem!

I was told compensation would be applied automatically if you logged a ticket with Vodafone, but clearly keep an eye on that!

Good luck everyone, at least Vodafone know what the issue is, and it is a priority for them. 

View solution in original position

63 REPLIES 63

I have been suffering this problem since receiving my new router (THG3000) around 20th November last. I received a text message in December telling me the problem was fixed. I called Vodafone to advise them problem not fixed. I have been losing connection up to 10 times a day. Was told to turn off Bluetooth on my phone and this improved the issue. However, when I return home with Bluetooth on internet drops out. Vodafone not at all responsive, sent BT engineer, expected me to disconnect all but one lines from router and 'see how it goes'! In desperation I have reinstalled old router (HHG2500) and had to get Vodafone to reactivate the wifi on it. For the last 24 hours I have not had any drop outs but this router is not as powerful and catch up tv is rebooting.

Can anyone advise me when this issue will be properly resolved, please?

Well after a few months with no issues as I have disconnected all iOS devices  all was good.

the only item not reconnected was my google chrome cast device.

arggh , connected last Thursday and have had 3 drop outs and my speed is now reducing each time , from 39meg down to 32meg in 5 days.

disconnecting and complaining to directors office, rubbish again Vodafone 

Hi, Thought I would let you know.

spoke to Directors Office yesterday apparently New Firmware is ready to be released from today.

it wil be pushed out to all Vox 3 routers from 2am - 5am tonight until Thursday so hopefully all this ##~## should be resolved 👍

Thanks for the update , much appreciated

Not a problem, have got directors office ringing me on Friday to check on update and to discuss compensation for the nightmare caused by the issue.........

Well my connection has been up for about 9 days now! 5 days of that were with my Apple Watch not connected to the wifi. Voda 2nd line were supposed to call me to tell me they had pushed the update to my router but that didn't happen so several days ago I reconnected my watch to the wifi and all seems good. 
I do remember about 30mins after speaking to them the connection dropped so they could of updated it then but who knows. 

the firmware version I'm on is up on an earlier post and ended in 05 however I have seen someone on here with version ending in 06 so who knows. 

Still on  firmware version ending in 1004, hopefully the new firmware will be rolled out this evening, though knowing vodafone I wont hold my breath

Just got home and the router rebooted 16 hours ago so looks like I haven't got the fix! Vodafone are useless!!

looks like the fix is in the update that ends 06

As of today I have firmware version 19.2.0203-3261005, yesterday I was on 17.4.c.0277-2449004.

Interestingly this appears to be more than just a quick firmware fix.  This firmware appears to features that others have described on this chain.  Specifcally the firmware update button has appeared. 

Also there seems to be a Wifi channel analysis tool which I don't recall seeing previously.

Also IPv6 support has materialised.  While I don't have an IPv6 IP address allocated yet, I did notice that the previous firmware didn't even mention IPv6.

The version number seems to have leapt forwards some what. 

The firmware upgrade option is a waste of time always fails saying.