Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connection cutting out at night

Aidon99
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

On the 5th of June I switched from Sky broadband to Vodafone, and at random days around or after midnight I will lose all Internet connection for hours. Checking my WiFi and Vodafone app it says I am still connected. This is incredibly frustrating as this is when it is used the most, is there a remedy for this? 

9 REPLIES 9

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Aidon99, thanks for getting in touch. Does this only happen via Wi-Fi, or do you get these drops outs via a wired connection too? Have you tried resetting your router and been through our troubleshooting steps here? Give those a go and let us know how you get on.

If you're still having trouble, we'll need to run some diagnostics on your line. One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into this for you. Find out how to get in touch here.

Mine does the same, every night. 1am. Not a coincidence.

Wired and WiFi.

Tad P***ed off with it now.

Why are you cutting it off at that time every night!

Hi @MOONBOY45 👋 We do run security updates and other maintenance updates around that time, so that there is the least disruption to our customers. However as you say this is happening often, it does suggest there may be something else causing this. So we can look at this further could you please contact us via this link, where we will be happy to help further.

I’m sorry but this is happening to EVERYONE there is 100’s of customers on here with the same issue you always cut me off after midnight for a couple of hours it’s not the router it’s not the devices it’s your service why won’t anyone listen to us all 

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Amivictoria wrote:

I’m sorry but this is happening to EVERYONE there is 100’s of customers on here with the same issue 

Sorry, but that is simply not true. For the vast majority of people the routers reboot only very occasionally.

I’m sorry do you live in my development to know this? 😂 it is in fact true and it isn’t just our development and the people here having this issue, lots of people complain about the same issues every single night it cuts off for hours. I haven’t thought do you know what today I’m going to make a fabricated story and take it vodaphone. I came to here so they’d pick it up and address it for us all as when we call we’re told there’s no issue 

Jayach

@Amivictoria 

From your other posts it's now obvious you are referring to mobile broadband, not Home broadband. (just because you are using it at home, it's still mobile broadband)

If your estate does have this problem every night, you need to take it up with Vodafone direct. Nothing will happen via this forum.

Jayach

The router will usually reboot about that time if it gets a firmware update. Obviously they don't occur very often, but if it fails it may keep trying. What firmware do you have at the moment? Mine is 19.4.0551-3261103, which I believe is probably the latest.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Amivictoria - I understand how important it is to have the best possible connection. From your other post, it sounds like you're referring to the mobile broadband connection. With you mentioning so many people are being impacted by connection issues, please can you all get in touch with us on Social Media. We can then investigate this further.