Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Terrible service from Vodafone Customer Services, trying to Get an Engineer out

MaxUltra500
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All,

Over 3 weeks ago we lost our Ultra 500 connection. It took over a week to get an engineer out. It turned out that the white box that has the incoming fibre signal that patches in the white box to the ONT had a fault which City Fibre claimed to fix. 9 days ago the cable came detached from the green LC connector( We don't think was installed correctly). We got in touch with customer services and although we continually said it was an internal fault as the cable had detached, it took 2 days for them to finally agree to sent an engineer out, and should be within 48 hours. 48 hours came and went and we started phoning every day to try to get it resolved. Thusday night we were told that every time we call it adds 24 to 48 hours on to the time it will get fixed(Really!!), the customer service agent wasn't listening and was using any excuse he could think of. I eventually was that frustrated I hung up on him. We've been fobbed off with being told engineers have been outside and the line is fine. We know it's fine as it's an internal cable issue. We've been told the engineer tried to phone me twice and couldn't get in our home, even though we have no missed calls and all 3 of us were in when the alleged entry couldn't be gained. We were told City Fibre would call before they came out. We have never had a call from City Fibre with this fault or the previous fault.

It's getting to the stage that we are regretting dealing with Vodafone as they don't solve this issue. Whether it's Vodafone or City Fiblre, I no longer care, as we just want it fixed. When the Fibre works it's great, but any issue is causing real concern now. We don't know when it will be fixed. We don't know if we should call back in case it delays, yet again having an engineer call.

If anybody has a solution or a way to rectify this issue as it will be 11 days without internet by Monday, it would be appreciated.

It's all well and good giving us unlimited data for our mobiles. But causes problems with our network setup for speakers, printers, Sky etc especially if the person sharing the hotspot has to leave home. My partner has attached the white box and the ONT to the wall and has run trunking round the wall to keep the cable, box & ONT safe since it detached, incase it is as fragile as it appears. The engineer who installed it, just left the cable & white box trailing on the floor. Thanks in Advance.,

Amanda

5 REPLIES 5

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MaxUltra500! I'm sorry to hear you've been without internet for 11 days, that's not something we'd like any customer to experience, nor should you have to be chasing this up with us. 

Over the forum, we don't have account access as it's a public platform, so I would recommend reaching out to our Social Media team who will be able to check over your account. To avoid repeating yourself, please including a link to the thread and they'll be able to review what you've already detailed here.

Just to advise, if you're on one of our Pro, Pro Xtra, or Gigafast plans, our Social Media team don't have access to all systems required to troubleshoot however, they can definitely review the notes on your account to see what's happened so far. For direct troubleshooting steps on one of the above plans, there is a dedicated Wi-Fi Xperts team on 191 from any Vodafone phone or 03333 040191 from any other UK phone, through your My Vodafone/Vodafone Broadband or through our live chat team here, who would be happy to help 🙂

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Once you have a fault call raised, there is no way calling in again should "reset the clock", that is just ridiculous.

Fortunately, I haven't had to use Vodafone support for over 2 years, but it was just awful when I did, and it seems to have gotten worse since. (I would not have thought that possible)

CS is poor, I do get the feeling of being fobbed off every time I chase up my non-contact from Cityfibre after being promised contact within 24 hours 4 days ago.

I've not heard a dicky bird and now it's Friday afternoon, I assume I will not have a resolution until next week at the earliest now. Poor. Really poor.

If Vodafone want to keep people's faith in their CS then they need to set something up with CF so that when they escalate a fault to CF, we deal with them direct.

AS for me, I will almost certainly be off to another provider before too long.

This is my second really poor experience with Vodafone CS.

First time out I got lucky when Kelly Communications were working outside in my road and I asked them if they've come to fix mine. They hadn't, but they went and fixed the cable fault anyway.

I do get the feeling that Vodafone CS are telling me they have escalated to CF just to get me off their line.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you've had a poor experience @g0ofe, I'm our Customer Service team are following the actions they've advised. If you'd like us to reach out to City Fibre again and see if we can get an update for you, please follow the steps advised in my reply to your other message.

"Reach out........."

Since when were you a member of the Four Tops? 🙄

More serious reply in the other thread.