main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Wireless channel selection missing in expert mode?

SOLVED
View solved solution
CrossChannel
3: Seeker

@matt "Why would you release an update that makes a product worse?"

I feel the same. Regardless of whether there was enough testing done (I'd guess that it's pretty clear that there wasn't), there certainly wasn't enough communication about this, which would help people to cope.

On the off-chance that these forums inform policy for Vodafone, I'd suggest that there's a review of this change and how it was implemented. It doesn't improve things for everyone. Staff need to be trained to recognise and support the problems caused (the link in my post above shows how I solved my issue) and there needs to be documentation available on the Vodafone website.

As a customer, the change - and how it's been delivered - just seems weird.

View more options
matt-hkjhkjhkjh

All we can do is raise our own formal complaints. In some places I've worked senior managers actually care about them and reprioritise development accordingly.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints/home-broadband

View more options
Nemain_79

Firmware version: 19.2.0307-3261013

Not had any issues with Voda, in fact really liked their app.  Until this morning - a laptop will no longer see the WiFi - 2.4 or 5Ghz.  It needs 2.4.  It can see my neighbours no problem.

After trawling the internet it turns out I need to change the channel.  And the option isn't there... never needed to before with Voda, always had to with Virgin.

I spent ages on phone this morning, lady clearly didn't know what I was on about - and chnaged the content allowance for whatever reason! 

I reset the router, which worked, and then a few hours later it's gone again.  Trying to get a child to homework is hard enough without this.

The rest of my devices are all fine. 

Could the moderators perhaps notice the frustration on this thread and sort it out?

Many Thanks

View more options
mark_newbs
4: Newbie

I think this thread has a solution provided so is no longer monitored.

Just in case I would start a new thread with this issue as I'm sure more people are having problems and voda need to sort it out

View more options
flykthewiz
2: Seeker

You need an older version of the android app. I think it is version 4.1.0.

If you look back in this thread I you should find a link, or just Google for it.

Once you have it installed make sure you disable automatic updates for it in the play store.

You can then use it to change channels on the router. I think the router then remembers and behaved.

View more options
Nemain_79

Thank you!  I did try searching for it, but could only find the normal one.

I found the solution for going to advanced settings on the wireless adapter, but that's not working for me either. 

I've sent a complaint as well.  What an absolute chew on

View more options
flykthewiz

Try here:

Once it's installed and pair with your router. Go to the WiFi tab and select Advanced Settings

https://www.google.com/amp/s/apkfab.com/vodafone-broadband/eu.reply.cordless.uk/amp

View more options
MickJ

Also, as an earlier post 

https://vodafone-broadband.en.aptoide.com/app

Download & install,  go to wifi, advanced settings, page down to change channel.

You may need to select 2.4 or 5 Ghz on wifi page (mine is split)

Switch updates for the app to off or google will update automatically,  has worked for me for a while.

The 'solution' for this thread is out of date,

View more options
matt-hkjhkjhkjh

That app link is no use if you don't have any Android devices in the house. Maybe Vodafone could send me one with it installed?

Is there a command line interface to the router we could use?

View more options
Nemain_79

Oh my word Mick - I love you!!  worked perfectly - and all my old settings are there!  Could not get the apk files to work with other suggestions.  Shame I can't test it now until Saturday - laptop has gone to Grandma's!  But fairly sure this is what the problem was.

Off the top of your head, so do you know how to turn the auto update off?

Thanks again, 

Lib

View more options
flykthewiz

Go to Play Store and find Vodafone Broadband App.

Tap the three dot menu (top right) and until auto update

View more options
MickJ

As flykthewiz above, on your android device, Play Store, under the three bars top left - My apps & games.

Page down until you find the Vodafone app, open and top right three dots, untick auto-update.

I have the app on two devices and sometimes have to be careful when google suggests updates.

View more options
MickJ

Router just switched to channel 1 automatically !!!   able to use app to put back on channel 8.

Real pain when devices won't work because of this.

View more options
Cynric
12: Established

When you scroll to the end of this thread (https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Dropouts-with-BBC-over-intenet-radio/td-p/26...) one of the Mods is extolling the virtues of the THG3000 robot changing the channels at will.

I wonder if the THG3000 is related to HAL?

View more options
Jayach
16: Advanced member

OMG. The channel change option is back on my THG3000. 

It works in all the browsers I have tried and in the app, but the firmware is still the same. Anyone else?

View more options
Cynric
12: Established

.@Jayach

Bother! I went to see what my THG3000 was like and I turned on the Wi-Fi to see and now it refuses to turn off the Wi-Fi. Anyway, I don't have channel change back yet.

Current version of firmware is 19.2.0307-3261013

Update: So I enabled the Wi-Fi on/off button feature and turned it off at the router. The I returned to my browser and refreshed the screen. The Wi-Fi showed as off and the button as enabled, I then disabled the button and saved my changes only for the screen to show Wi-Fi enabled and button disabled !!! It's turning the blasted Wi-Fi back on when I didn't want it. As a PS to the whole affair the Android app steadfastly refused to connect to the router.

View more options
radumamy

Just checked, it's not working for me. 

I've tried a firmware update and it failed to find one. 

Could you please let us know your firmware version? Perhaps you can login from an incognito browser tab so no data is cached when checking?

Much appreciated.

Thanks. 

View more options
_rik_
4: Newbie

I doubt there is any workaround to this problem. Probably not even an old app can solve the problem unless it uses a different backend on the router.

I made this test and the value, despite still available, is ignored by the router. See here:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Vodafone-Wi-Fi-Hub-bug-in-web-GUI-cannot-cha...

View more options
Dr_J

I was lucky enough to have an old Motorola moto E to hand. A relic of an old project running an ancient variant of Android. It can certainly run the voda app tho. Really poor solution, but these kinds of things can be had for only a few quid. Snails pace performance is expected, but at least I can reset my wifi network when the firestick falls off again!

If any Vodafone mods are still listening, please re-instate the channel selection.

Ridiculous that a key troubleshooting lever has been removed from the Expert settings. I mean, why even have Expert settings if you don't trust experts?

View more options
Jayach
16: Advanced member

@radumamy wrote:

Just checked, it's not working for me. 

I've tried a firmware update and it failed to find one. 

Well it's still working for me this afternoon.

My current firmware is 19.2.0307-3261013 ( I have two THG3000's the other one has 19.2.0203-3261005, maybe I will try it later).

View more options