Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Online account error

mike37p
4: Newbie

I get the following error message when I sign on to my account - under the account summary tab

"Sorry, there seems to be a problem

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 104, Unexpected error: Invalid Data Value - AccountID should be Numeric(Error codes: 104_ null) - [Error ref 1j2]"

I've reported this and was told it would be fixed in "a few day" but no-one would contact me when it was!

Its a few days later, it isn't fixed and no-one has contacted me.

To me it looks like an internal error where the account number (which starts AM) isn't compaitble with a new update.

Any ideas how I can sort this out? 

167 REPLIES 167

I don't think this is just a problem specific to me so I don't see why it should seem strange. I have sent you the info you asked for and hope for you to get this sorted for me. Thanks.

Same here, no services on my ten year old PAYG account for sim in my burglar alarm.

Talked to three agents who have reset my account etc. to no effect.

After talking to 3 agents who all just reset my account to no avail. I was promised it would be escalated but after a week it is still the same. Surely the mods on here should be seeing a common problem here and should have a means of alerting to a department that can investigate this. Basic customer service surely.

Reading the other thread mine's an AM000 account number as well.

Complaint raised

Ok so submitted form twice and both times message on screen to say thankyou for submitting and they would be intouch ???? Now I am unable to even log into my account come on Vodafone sort it out 

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

I also ran into this when trying (reluctantly) to submit details of two AM-numbered accounts affected by this error.

Things you can try, in order to get your form accepted, include clearing cache and cookies, trying it from a different device, trying it from a different browser, trying it from a different email address (eg don't use yahoo for the second attempt if it didn't work the first time). The acknowledgement email, when you finally hit on a successful means of sending the form, is pretty much instantaneous, so you should know very quickly whether you have succeeded.

I don't understand the lunacy involved in this - take a self-evident problem, insist against the evidence that it's probably account-related rather than account-number related, insist on proof that the problem exists, put obscure obstacles in the way of submitting the proof - somehow good customer service seems to get lost in some inappropriate standard operating procedures. All that's required is to report to the programmers that they have again forgotten to allow for the AM-numbered accounts.

Later today I hope to have a moment to take screenshots, as requested, to prove that I have a problem, and to record timestamps for a few instances of the error, just in case it only occurs at certain phases of the moon, or whatever we're looking for.

I agree. Trying to get past these obstacles just to report a problem is so tiresome. When it is obvious there is a problem.

It's clear that I am not getting an acknowledgement email with a reference number. But as soon as I have entered the form the webpage says thankyou for submitting your details. I have never known such an unhelpful company when customers are having problems. Even when people like you are telling them what the problem is

Annie_N

Screen snips, taken on my 2nd account, at approx 11.25 am today. I get the same sequence of screens for my main account, but it's more of a palaver using it, as I have to have the security code sent to my 2nd account, and that phone is not routinely switched on.Security verification.jpgNo services2.JPGThe numbers offered in the first shot are my alternative contact numbers, the actual number associated with my account does not appear. The second shot shows the error message and the AM account number.

ok i have tried to submit a reply to the PM the mods sent for the third time

Thank you for your email, we'll be in touch

We’ve received your email and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.

But again no email reference number. I only have a @btinternet email so I understand that vodafone tech is not good enough or up to date to deal with these accounts. so perhaps the mods could kindly tell me what to do next,

perhaps it would be to obvious to PM me or email me direct so I can give you the information you need. That is if you are serious about helping me.

Thank you

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Annie_N Thanks for providing us with the screenshots. I can see this is something that @Loz is continuing to investigate with the our dedicated team. Once she has another update she'll be in touch to let you know.

@Dave51 I've sent another private message to you with details which should help you to reach out to us directly. Please let me know if you have any further issues with this and I'll be happy to help.

@Chris_Sav  @TwoHoots I'm sorry to see both of you are also having issues with your online account. So we can add your accounts to our investigation and help with resolving this, please follow the details I've sent in the private message you'll each receive shortly.