Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Online account error

mike37p
4: Newbie

I get the following error message when I sign on to my account - under the account summary tab

"Sorry, there seems to be a problem

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 104, Unexpected error: Invalid Data Value - AccountID should be Numeric(Error codes: 104_ null) - [Error ref 1j2]"

I've reported this and was told it would be fixed in "a few day" but no-one would contact me when it was!

Its a few days later, it isn't fixed and no-one has contacted me.

To me it looks like an internal error where the account number (which starts AM) isn't compaitble with a new update.

Any ideas how I can sort this out? 

167 REPLIES 167

quite obviously there are far cheaper phone deals however I think the issue was mainly a lot of people have pay-as-you-go credit they are still looking to use up at some point

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

On the contrary, the issue was Vodafone's "the customer is always wrong" stance. It took most of us all of a few seconds to realise that someone had made a simple programming error, resulting in older accounts becoming inaccessible.

However, despite the obvious solution staring everyone in the face, the only solution apparently available was to fix the error on a one-account-at-a-time basis, at enormous cost in staff and customer time, rather than simply asking for the error to be corrected. A number of us refused to go along with the nonsense, and eventually common sense prevailed, and access to our accounts was restored, but there was a cost, as there always is, in customer resentment of being treated so poorly.

It's such a shame - great network, pity about the customer service ethos. Of course, there are honourable exceptions, but even they didn't seem to apply in this instance.

I am still majorly struggling with this, I have made numerous calls etc to support and the advice given such as remove my sim card and re insert it into the phone to help improve the access to my online account whilst using a desktop PC!! 

Some how now when I log in using my user name and password all of my details have been deleted so one logged in it now says I have no phone number ofn the account. I spoke to supprt at 8pm last night for just under and hour and eventually they decided to put me through to tech support but said they could not as it was 8:55 and they were going home soon!

So please can somebody help me to get back to where I have been with this account?

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm disappointed to hear you're having problems getting your online account up and running @mobilecentre. I'm sure we'll be able to help you, as this will involve us accessing your account, please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK and we'll be happy to help.

I do appreciate the information, but I would like to talk to someone if possible that does not say they will call back and never do. Or say it is all fixed please wait 48 hours and nothing changes as another month has now gone by with various missed call backs and 48 hour promises.

Thanks

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Believe us, we know how frustrating that can be @mobilecentre. Our customer promise means getting this looked into straight away. 

Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

Facebook and twitter only? This would mean that I can't contact you then even I wanted to - I don't want to which is lucky.

There are other means of communication I believe. Why aren't they useable?

TJ

Hey @mike37p - you can contact us in plenty of different ways. You can either give us a call on 191 from your Vodafone mobile, or via Web Chat here. You can contact our Complaints team via email by filling in this one quick form, or write to us if you like.

Here on the Vodafone Community we're part of the Social Media team, so we deal with any queries we get through our social channels; so our customers are covered from all bases. 

I am having this issue where my online account shows as empty after I updated my password. Did anybody here manage to get it fixed? Is it possible to use PAYG without having an online account with Vodafone? Because this is a joke. I have a Big Vaule Bundle and manage the phone on behalf of my elderly senior mum. I do not appreciate and funny games with Vodafone about this as I need it working as normal and I need to be able to Topup for her.

I should not have to go through this all because I changed my password!

Hi @tututemptation 

Please see my reply to your own created thread.

And yes you can use a Vodafone Payg sim card without having an account or using myvodafone.

Obviously an account is more convenient.

From 》 How-do-I-keep-track-of-my-monthly-usage. 

"Alternatively, you can check your remaining allowances by calling the following numbers free from your Vodafone mobile:

2345 if you’re a Pay as you go customer"

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.