Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G not working

haideriqbal
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

I have just recently joined Vodafone last week but my experience so far is just horrible. I got new iphone 7 on contract, last Tuesday my sim got active after 50 hrs of purchase and since then I cant get 4G on my device.

I have contacted many advisors online on vodafone and have also gone to store twice. They swapped my sim reset setting but no luck. 

Now Yesterday an online agent told that my number is not configured on something called TRACS. But since then 24+ hrs still no 4G.

If anyone can help me here that would be great. Else I would have no option other than leaving vodafone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Update:

Got my 4G working today. Thanks for all the support.

View solution in original position

64 REPLIES 64

Hi @L20hnt, has the mobile data ever worked on your iPhone 12 Pro Max? Can you check the device page on our website here to make sure all the settings are looking correct, let us know how you get on 👍

It’s my plan, 5G is available on the device. My partners SIM card works perfect. I currently have no data whatsoever now. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you for confirming that @L20hnt, we can decipher if the issue is network related by answering the following questions 😊

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? (if you would prefer to not post this publicly could you please add it to your profile?)

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

6) When did you first notice this issue?

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

😎 Is your partner on Vodafone as well?

I have the same issue, since I upgrade to the iPhone 12 from my iPhone X I have had nothing better than 3G.

I have followed all instructions and spent hours on live chat with Vodafone but nothing seems to work.

Can you please help.

Hey @peterjharrison, I'm sure we can help get you a 4g or even 5g service (if it's available in your area)! To help us with this, please provide the following information and we'll be able to help 😊

- What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? (if you'd prefer to not post this publicly, please add it to your personal information on your profile)

- Does the issue happen in just the one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to receive a 4g/5g service?

- Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

- What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

- When did you first notice this issue?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

- This just stays on 3G everywhere. I live in London.

- I am now on my 3rd sim card and still have the same issue

- When I switched my contract last month from the iPhone X to the iPhone 12. (Had strong 4G on my iPhone X)

I went into the Vodafone store yesterday, they switched my sim card for the 3rd time and it still did not get 4G or 5 G. The guy in the shop put his sim card in my phone and that did get 4G, so we know its not the phone. When we tried it the other way around and put my sim card in his phone, again it only got 3G, so it indicates its something to do with my line.

He wasn't able to fix the issue and suggested I contacted support to get my line fully disconnected and reconnected as according to him everything was setup correctly on the phone and 4G/5G were enabled on the sim/account.

Thanks

Pete

Thanks for confirming this @peterjharrison, it does sound like there appears to be something missing on your account if another SIM connects correctly on your phone, and you have swapped the SIM and still have difficulty connecting. As we don't have account access through our forum, we'll ned you to pop us a private message though one of our social channels. If you include a link to this thread and your community ID, along with your full name and mobile number, it'll save you having to repeat yourself and we'll be able to see what steps you took in store too.

Thanks Mark, Ive reached out directly on social.

I have the same issue as everyone here too.  The only thing to happen recently is I renewed/upgraded my Vodafone pay monthly contract, as I have done many times before.  But now, wherever I am, I see only H+ and never 4G.

I have spent an hour on Live Chat, going through all settings, switching off/on mobile data etc, restarting the phone, switching the SIM to another phone (still then no 4G), while other Vodafone-connected phones in the same location have 4G.  Finally it was decided that I needed a new SIM.  I have received and swapped to that new SIM ...still no 4G!

Please can someone check my account settings!  This is getting very frustrating.

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @nobbyclank. I can completely understand your frustration. We're unable to access accounts over the forum as it's public. A member of the team will be happy to assist if you can contact our Social Media team using the link @markj provided above 🙂