Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Message trying to send premium text

saabowl
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been trying to enter a radio text in competition. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 lite. 

When I text WIN to the number I recieve the following message:-

Class 0 message

Access to this service is denied . Content control bar is in place. You can request the removal of this bar by calling Customer Services.

From +447785011834

It then has the option to cancel or save.

I contacted Vodafone multiple times who say it's nothing to do with them. Was advised to call the number but it didn't connect. I had the same problem on my old apple phone and it started after I'd called Vodafone services about unexpected charges on my account due to working from home during covid. They were kind enough to reduce the charge but put bars on my account which have subsequently been lifted. I used to enter this premium competition regularly. Having chased a solution from vodafone- using live chat, calling customer service, in store there was no solution. Customer service couldn't connect to the number either and said that there were no bars on my account, so the complaint was closed.Anyone know what this? 

Glad of any advice, its driving me crazy. Tried to screen shot message but couldn't attach it.

Thanks

Graham

28 REPLIES 28

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @saabowl 

You need to go through your bars on your online account or Application, you have probably got the premium rate bar information text added and possible the charge to bill bar.  You may well also have Spend Manager here: Spend Manager 

When the bars have been toggled off you should get a text confirmation.  If problems persists speak to the Social Media Team on this link. 

Hi, thanks for responding I don't use social media, I do look at Twitter but wouldn't know how to contact someone on it. There are no bars on my account apart from conference calls which wouldn't affect this.

I do still get the button to verify my age which I couldn't do as I have no credit card and the guy in store said it was done. I can neither turn or or off age restricted without verifying my age.

I'm reluctant to call customer services or live chat as I have done numerous times being told it was sorted. When I raised a complaint I was told it was resolved even though when I tried to text when still on the call it didn't work. (Restart phone...) I was told by complaint handler he was going to speak to the technical dept and call back at a later date. When he called back I asked about the assistant said they had, but hung up due to a long wait.

Don't know what to do next. All loops seem to take you to custo.er service or live chat neither of which work.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'll be able to get this sorted for you @saabowl! If you follow the link @AnnS has provided above to contact us, you'll find the link to our Twitter account. 

When you're logged into your own Twitter account you'll then need to tap the message button on our profile, which will send you to our DMs to message us securely. 

DM us.png

Hope this helps!

I'm in conversation with the Twitter team now - no resolution yet, but being looked at. App still asking me to verify my age..., or could it be some bar on short text numbers...dunno.

Support on Twitter seems to have gone quiet- not heard since Wednesday. App still asking for age verification when I check bars etc... was also unable to send a text reviewing ee's customer service. (I'd used my phone on someone else's behalf.) It was another short text number.

I used to enter the radio text-in regularly, but after I had a stop put on outgoing calls/premium texts following overspend due to my job at the start of lockdown (which vodafone kindly reduced) I have been unable to. I have subsequently bought a new phone and contract to avoid overspend in the future, but since the bars went on or whatever happened post overspend I have been unable to enter from both my old and new phone. (I'd hoped a new phone might straighten it out).

What do I do next. Raised a complaint which I couldnt get off the phone until the guy got my agreement it was resolved, I got the usual restart your phone advice following a live check which confirmed the issue still existed, but had to get off to restart. I am really getting frustrated 

hrym

The premium text bar will stop anything that might be chargeable and mainly seems to pick up on short codes - I've had trouble paying for parking because of it and removed the bar.   You should, afaik, be able to remove the bar through the My Vodafone app without age verification.

Hi, thanks, but there are no bars in place on my app. What you say makes sense re short form numbers as couldn't text a review of ee's customer service. Really frustrated, vodafone say no bars their end but app still asks me to verify my age. Using a debit card as no credit card, this won't work. Did go in store with driving license and my old man's face and guy said it was fine. Customer Service, social media help and live chat all say fine but it's not.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@saabowl Our Social Media Team has been really busy lately, so we're sorry for any delays between replies. Have they since got back to you? If so, have they advised why they're unable to see the bar/remove it? 

They say there is no bar visible, and indeed I can't see one. The app still has the option for me to verify my age which i cant do, and that's what the message I get asks me to do.im told there is no age bar either.

They suggested it was the competition however this cant be the case as prior to my overdpend/vodafone kindly reducing these charges and putting bars in place on my old phone I have been unable to enter. I bought this new phone and hoped it would resolve with new sim. Could it be complications caused by apple/samsung switch?