Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Message trying to send premium text

saabowl
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've been trying to enter a radio text in competition. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 lite. 

When I text WIN to the number I recieve the following message:-

Class 0 message

Access to this service is denied . Content control bar is in place. You can request the removal of this bar by calling Customer Services.

From +447785011834

It then has the option to cancel or save.

I contacted Vodafone multiple times who say it's nothing to do with them. Was advised to call the number but it didn't connect. I had the same problem on my old apple phone and it started after I'd called Vodafone services about unexpected charges on my account due to working from home during covid. They were kind enough to reduce the charge but put bars on my account which have subsequently been lifted. I used to enter this premium competition regularly. Having chased a solution from vodafone- using live chat, calling customer service, in store there was no solution. Customer service couldn't connect to the number either and said that there were no bars on my account, so the complaint was closed.Anyone know what this? 

Glad of any advice, its driving me crazy. Tried to screen shot message but couldn't attach it.

Thanks

Graham

28 REPLIES 28

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

@saabowl Do you have Secure Net attached to your account at all? I know restrictions there can affect the whole device without it showing as a direct bar under Manage Extras & Bars in your app or online account.

It did come free with new phone however now disabled and had problems with old phone, which didn't have it.Something happened after my overspend round about April/May I would guess.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@saabowl, yes it does seem odd that it correlates with that time period 🤔  We don't have access to accounts over this platform to check them ourselves - Have you heard back from us on social media yet? If not, let me know your twitter handle (if you're happy to) and we'll find the conversation

Shellytownend
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I too have the same problem  and its been going on about 5 months  now  I av no bats r anything on my phone I been texting the same number for a bit then it stopped 

Stick with it. Eventually I got a result contacting vodafone online via twitter. Telephone and live chat online were hopeless. Can't remember the name of who eventually sorted it, but definitely on twitter. It's a pain but just keep letting them know it's not sorted....until it is.

Good Luck

Can u remember what they ad done ? 

No, but it was something they did their end. I was told at least 10 different times on live chat/telephone support all bars off, my age was verified etc...all fine. Even raised a complaint. Guy did what had been done before, asked if he could consider it resolved. I said I didn't know because was told(again) it could take a few hours for changes to go through. He wasn't happy and said he couldn't end the call until I agreed it was resolved. I agreed under pressure of not wanting to spend hours on the phone. Twitter folk seem to know what they are doing and will stick with it.

Sounds like I am in for a long wait thank you 

Hi - I'm in exactly the same position.

New Samsung S21 5g phone before Christmas and suddenly I'm unable to take part in radio competition.  Was advised to take SIM out the new phone and put back in the old phone - it worked fine!

Vodafone folks blamed Samsung, Samsung folks blaming Vodafone.  All bars and restrictions lifted on the new phone but still got the 'Can't send message with Vodafone - Error 0' message when trying to text.  Samsung sent through their message for me to give feedback and the phone wouldn't allow me to send to their number.

Ended up getting a brand new phone, Vodafone set it up for me, got home and set up and I'm till unable to send.  Currently on hold to Vodafone.  Again.  Nobody seems able to help.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @Mazza99 - I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues with sending premium rate texts, I'd like to turn this around for you today. Have you checked your MyVodafone app to see if you have a premium rate text/calls bar active on there currently?

So that we can check your account for you and take a closer look into this, could you drop us a message on social media please? Make sure to include a link back to this forum thread, your forum username and your mobile/account number so that you don't have to repeat yourself.