Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to receive calls from EE network

asim2021
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I am Vodafone Business customer. I am unable to receive any call from EE network. The people using EE can't contact me just get a dial tone as if the number no longer exists. But i can call them and send messages. I have done everything even I changed my mobile phone but still having the same issue. Previously, I was with O2 and before that I was with T-Mobile/Orange when they merge with EE.

EE team said that "It sounds like some porting data has become corrupted or incomplete somewhere."

Any suggestions???

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'd suggest to contact the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  ,Live Chat or Customer services via phone and they can ask their porting teams to check things out.

It's known as a Split Port 

I wish you all the best with this @asim2021 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers

I'd suggest to contact the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  ,Live Chat or Customer services via phone and they can ask their porting teams to check things out.

It's known as a Split Port 

I wish you all the best with this @asim2021 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi there,

When did you port across to Vodafone Business? 

From your problem statement, it does sound like it's an issue that needs to resolved by the number porting team. It's the gaining provider (so Vodafone) who need to resolve.

Previously, i was with O2 and i had this problem at that time as well. I was thinking that may be issue with O2 then i switched to Vodafone (personal) approximately 2 years ago then switched to Vodafone (business) last year.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hmmmm... so has this problem been happening the entire time, ever since you were with O2?

Assuming yes (and even if no), you need to get this raised with the Vodafone porting team. There's clearly an issue with the porting files. 

Basically they can link between old and new network as well as link in with the original range holder of the number (even if it wasn't them you ported from this time) as they still have a role in all this. 

But get it raised and they will sort it once and for all.

Rachelmartin
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there. 
Did you ever get this issue resolved? I’ve been trying for years to get Vodafone to look in to this. Have tried their trouble shooting tips (change sim, change phone) many times now but help fizzles out. 

if you could let me know what worked for you in the end , and is something they’d take note of, I’d be very grateful. 

Hi,

Still unable to receive calls from EE numbers.

Oh crikey. Sorry about this. I’m giving Vodafone one last go at trying to fix it. I’ve had this problem for years. It’s now logged as a porting / split port issue.

Then if they can’t - I’m thinking that the only thing to work would be for me to switch to EE myself! 

Exactly what i had in mind. I will switch to EE at the end of my contract.

simax
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

I take it your number started off with EE/T-Mobile/Orange? Sounds like the port files have corrupted. Vodafone porting team will need to sort this out and re-request the porting files.

It’s irrespective of who you moved to (O2) in the interim… the network you started with is always responsible for porting in/out.