Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

eSIM Swap FAILURE

jkwelsh
4: Newbie

I have  Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, it had my VF eSIM activated.

I purchased a new phone - A Galaxy Fold3, and wanted to transfer my eSIM from old phone to new phone.

Using the My Vodafone app on the Note 20, I went through all the steps to carry out a SIM Swap, and at the end of the process received the QR code via the app.

Went to my Fold3 - eSIM, Add mobile plan.  Scanned the QR code from my Note 20, and thats as far as I got.

Ive now been without any operating SIM since the 1st September, and Im going around in circles with the VF Tech Team - We will cancel the SIM Swap, and get you a physical SIM, which you can then convert to an eSIM on the new phone, but it will take up to 24 hours.  That was three days ago, and they still cant cancel the SIM swap request.  Apparently there is an "Open Order" for a SIM swap, and no one has been able to figure out a way to close it, despite trying, and submitting manual requests etc.

When I scanned the new QR code onto the Fold3, I got the following error message - "Your mobile plan is already being used by another device.  For more information contact your service provider.  Error Code SVR_8.1.1/3.8"

My SIM no longer registers on the network, and anyone calling the number gets a permanently engaged tone 😡

I've been a VF customer for 20 years, and have had my number for just as long.

Now Im unable to access anything that has 2 Factor Authentication set up - Banking, security, Network, PayPal etc.  And to change the number to a new number, you need - yeap, the original number working to pass the 2FA security 👎

Im so p!ssed off at VF right now Im ready to terminate my contracts.......

Anyone had similar problems when swapping an eSIM to a new phone??

John.

C Level Mobile Telecoms Professional

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I think what's happened here is that there are different people looking into your complaint and probably thought that you were still without service. They have probably started to implement the fix that Vodafone had already done to restore your service? A case of left hand doesn't know what the right is doing (Probably didn't bother reading the notes on the account too!).

It's because of this thread I ditched eSIM and went back to a traditional SIM!

Anyway, I hope you get it resolved sooner rather than later.

Good Luck!

View solution in original position

47 REPLIES 47

I have been with vodafone for more than 10 years. What a nightmare. I requested esim swap yesterday and the result is I don't have a phone line now. I cant access bank accounts, emails business accounts because I cant pass through two layer security without mobile number.

My simple question is as my esim not activated (as I did not receive QR Code to my email) and physical sim deactivated, Can I get a PAC code to my email address and leave Vodafone. For me it looks quickest solution! Does vodafone send PAC code to email address or mobile number which is not working. Or will it lead to more issues?

Same problem here. Have you managed to get a replacement sim for that number? 

@Miroslawpluta I've popped a reply to your other post about this here

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'd certainly be happy to take a closer look at the account for you @jkwelsh as @BandOfBrothers suggested. If you'd like our help looking into the SIM swap, please drop us a message over on Twitter or Facebook here 👍

Syd1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have spent 7 days in a black hole after I registered for an eSIM AND ported my number over at the same time.  This meant I couldn’t get a text message to my phone so I could log into my Vodafone online account. It took 3 calls, 4h of text chats and 2 visits to store to resolve. Here is the fix so you don’t have to stress  as much as I did.

1. When setting up your online Vodafone account make sure you register with 2 mobile phone numbers in case one can’t receive texts that are needed to pass security on your online account .

2. Check and recheck all fields for typos and incorrect info you’ve typed in to set account up.

3. If you are in my scenario you need to get the eSIM swapped to a physical sim. Ask customer services to post you a blank SIM card. Once received ask them to do a sim swap eSIM to your physical blank sim. That will get your number back.

4 . Use the online Vodafone account to generate a new qr code for the esim. 

good luck

NB don’t take up offer from helpline to go to the store to fix. The stores know even less. Stick to getting a blank SIM card posted to you. Then call helpline back to do the swap. 

Clever-Trevor
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

This happened to me - had to go into VF store & get a physical sim. Now is fine - but was a nigtmare. 

I followed instructions to delete e-sim but new e-sim would not activate. 

Thus - stuck with no working number !

They need to do better ( and like a physical sim, we should be able to move it from phone to phone with ease….

jonwillis
1: Seeker

I hope i don't have this issue, signed up 2 weeks ago, PAC'ed my number and tomorrow is switch over day, i picked tomorrow as its a less busy day for call. Im still awaiting a text or email, as promised with the eSIM. This should be a mature process by now.