cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wonder if Margherita Della Valle will let the Vodafone forum staff have access to user accounts

gipjon
16: Advanced member

can I ask if Margherita Della Valle the new interim Group Chief Executive going to change how the Vodafone staff work because I bet customer love how the forum staff string users along 

"I'm sorry you are having an issue please give me a message on social media after you have messed about installing social media "

and after a few days, you will get told 

" I'm sorry but we don't have access to your account please phone Vodafone up "

So you phone up and you will get told to do a load of checks. which most are a waste of time and then get told 

"we will monitor your line for 72 hours 

You then phone back up and get told. 

"here is a fault ticket you need to talk to our second-line support please wait for up to 48 hours for us to phone you 

and then they phone you and ask if can you do another set of wait-of-time checks to be told sorry but we need to book you an engineer with bt Openreach or city fibre Which can take 3 days. 

THIS COULD ALL BE DONE AT THE FIRST POINT OF CONTACT LIKE SKY BROADBAND no wonder Vodafone was voted worse customer service

7 REPLIES 7

Ripshod

I've never had a problem using the online chat

https://vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd

(avoids TOBI) 

gipjon

Yeah, online chat is not too bad depending on where you connect to, just a shame about the rest, 

still waiting for a response from Vodafone 

Will Margherita Della Valle let the Vodafone forum staff have access to user accounts 

and will Margherita Della Valle change the Vodafone call centre/forum to make them 1 point of contact 

Jayach

@gipjon wrote:

Will Margherita Della Valle let the Vodafone forum staff have access to user accounts 

and will Margherita Della Valle change the Vodafone call centre/forum to make them 1 point of contact 

I'm guessing no.

The forum staff do have access to user accounts. but only after they have (very slowly) gone through their own security checks., and they can't give personal replies on this open forum as that would probably breach the GDPR or some other regulation.

Instead of the forum being separate from our accounts and open, it should be accessed via our Vodafone accounts, then the security would already have been passed.

Live chat should also be accessed that way, although to be fair passing security though live chat is a doddle compared to social media.

gipjon

That's very interesting I tried once to go through the forum staff and got told sorry you need to phone up as we don't have access to your account. Hopefully, I still have the pm from them 

Maybe @Beth Community Manager could answer the question [Removed]

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

Jayach

As far as I know the forum staff are the social media team, so yes, they can access our accounts. But probably only have a limited amount of data available to them, and possibly can't make changes.

gipjon

you could be right jayach 

I have just found a PM from moderator Blair back in ‎February 2019 saying can't access accounts. so the info may well be outdated

I just had some laughs reading some of the PMs from back in 2019 This one made me laugh from a fellow user I even remember it getting taken down 

"Wow, That is pretty petty to be honest. I better watch what I post from now on i guess (not) lol. Template (being nice) To everyone, Vodafone customer service is second to none. I can't fault them, the most knowledgeable and polite I have ever encountered. Always going that extra mile to resolve any issue you may encounter, and broadband speeds that even superman can't keep up with why go anywhere else. 3.2.1 post deleted (sarcasm not tolerated on the forums). "

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gipjon - I can confirm that we’re the same team that are on Twitter and Facebook. We all fall under Vodafone’s Social Media team.

When anyone posts here on the Community about something that requires account access, or to discuss personal information, we ask users to contact us through Facebook or Twitter for security reasons.

This is also due to the platform we use there, which helps to keep everything together in one place for us.

If you've been advised in the past that we don't have account access, this would be referring to access over the Community directly. 

For anyone who doesn't use Social Media, an alternative option is to call 191 free from a Vodafone mobile or 03333 040 191 from a different phone. We're also available through Live Chat