Welcome to Vodafone Community
Simalr issue Not able to get any internet signal even after doing all settings also ohone only shows 3g signal where as before on 3 i got 4g , not sure if switching to voxi was a good idea after all!!
am able to ring and send mesages thats all so far
As account access required assistance is now no longer available via this forum you'll need to speak with customer support on 191 or Live Chat or speak with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook and Twitter.
Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.
Samsung One Ui 2.5 / Android 10.
Thanks for getting in touch @Sinan_vahab - what phone are you using at the moment? You might just need to update a few of your mobile data settings.
If you're using an iPhone - go to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Network. Make sure all the settings are set to, 'pp.vodafone.co.uk', including the LTE section and also change the usernames and passwords to 'wap'.
If you're using an Android - go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Click on the 3 dots (on the top right of the screen) > Reset to Default. Select Vodafone PayG/Prepaid. Then restart the phone and this should resolve the issue. Give those a try and let me know how you get on.
I have the same issue as the above posters. 7/May is my start date.
Until now, 3G is working, but can't get 4G to show up at all.
Could I have my account checked please?
1. Try different phone: Checked, iPhone7 and Mi 5s Plus.
2. Try Smarty Sim card: Both phones can work with 4G.
3. APN setting: Checked
4. 4G coverage: Checked
5. reset phones: Checked
Hi, I’m having the same problem. Tried all of the suggestions that have came above and had no luck.
If the issue is not able to be fixed within my cooling off period I will have to end this contract and find a contract else where as I am paying far too much for unlimited data not to be able to get 4G
Can somebody contact me please I have exactly the same issue. No 4G pay £257 a month for a bill I’m unable to receive any data on. I have the new iPhone 12 pro max. Tech team is not doing anything for me
Thank you for confirming that @L20hnt, we can decipher if the issue is network related by answering the following questions 😊
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?
2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? (if you would prefer to not post this publicly could you please add it to your profile?)
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
6) When did you first notice this issue?
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?
😎 Is your partner on Vodafone as well?
I have the same issue, since I upgrade to the iPhone 12 from my iPhone X I have had nothing better than 3G.
I have followed all instructions and spent hours on live chat with Vodafone but nothing seems to work.
Can you please help.
Hey @peterjharrison, I'm sure we can help get you a 4g or even 5g service (if it's available in your area)! To help us with this, please provide the following information and we'll be able to help 😊
- What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? (if you'd prefer to not post this publicly, please add it to your personal information on your profile)
- Does the issue happen in just the one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to receive a 4g/5g service?
- Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
- What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
- When did you first notice this issue?
Thanks for your reply.
- This just stays on 3G everywhere. I live in London.
- I am now on my 3rd sim card and still have the same issue
- When I switched my contract last month from the iPhone X to the iPhone 12. (Had strong 4G on my iPhone X)
I went into the Vodafone store yesterday, they switched my sim card for the 3rd time and it still did not get 4G or 5 G. The guy in the shop put his sim card in my phone and that did get 4G, so we know its not the phone. When we tried it the other way around and put my sim card in his phone, again it only got 3G, so it indicates its something to do with my line.
He wasn't able to fix the issue and suggested I contacted support to get my line fully disconnected and reconnected as according to him everything was setup correctly on the phone and 4G/5G were enabled on the sim/account.
Thanks for confirming this @peterjharrison, it does sound like there appears to be something missing on your account if another SIM connects correctly on your phone, and you have swapped the SIM and still have difficulty connecting. As we don't have account access through our forum, we'll ned you to pop us a private message though one of our social channels. If you include a link to this thread and your community ID, along with your full name and mobile number, it'll save you having to repeat yourself and we'll be able to see what steps you took in store too.