Archive

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Voicemail Temporary Greeting and Extended Absence Greeting

These features of the Voicemail system are very useful, especially over the holiday season, but there is remarkably little information about them on the website. Indeed, I haven’t been able to find any information, although I use them regularly, and ...

Annie_N by Community Champion (Retired)
  • 3 replies
  • 20 thanks

Vodafone Sure Signal troubleshooting

Flashing/steady power light, no other lights litLight one on, light two flashingSure Signal not transmitting a 3G signal‘Call Failed’ error when making callsResetting your Sure SignalSure Signal - Call Audio Quality IssuesIssue not listed?   Getting ...

Retired-Kay by Moderator (Retired)
  • 0 replies
  • 7 thanks

Network issues – initial checks and template

If you're having network problems, please read the information below before posting. This will help us to identify any issues more quickly. A network issue would include loss of signal, poor signal or problems making/receiving calls or texts:   1. Ch...

NSC.JPG
VodafoneUK by Administrator
  • 0 replies
  • 2 thanks

Network queries - frequently asked questions

We receive a number of network related queries every month and many of these ask about how we handle these enquiries.   This FAQ tells you everything you need to know: 1) I’ve posted a network query, what now?   2) Why can't you give me a timescale o...

Mobile Broadband - 3G/GPRS coverage

Hi there, I recently set up Mobile Broadband at my new home. All is working fine except due to the area I live in I can only get GPRS signal. The connection is painfully slow and brings back memories of 56K dial up speed! My question is...do vodafo...

Broadband Dongle - Confused, how does it work?

Ok I bought a dongle during the week, the guy in the shop told me it would last a month. one of the white ones, 3g, £25 quid ones. It stopped working last night, said I had run out of credit? The guy in the shop never said anything about that, h...

Mobile Broadband - So how do you see mobile internet usage?

First of all, when I signed up for my contract I chose the unlimited data option, so I think the fact Vodafone now think it's okay to charge me for using what I (thought I) paid for is an absolute joke. Anyway, as VF will no doubt tell me to gtfo (a...

LooieENG by 2: Seeker
  • 4 replies
  • 0 thanks

Mobile Broadband - Ham Radio (Echolink)

I am a Licensed Radio Ham I am having difficulty connecting a program Echolink http://www.echolink.org/ (Amateur Radio Over the internet) using my laptop and Vodafone E172 dongle. This program will connect if I have a WiFi link but not using th...

Mobile Broaband - Admin access needed?

Forum Newbie here! I install 3G modems in users' (Win XP/SP3) laptops, and a constant niggle is that they don't work unless the user is in the local administrators group. They work for the installer (who IS an Admin of course), and then when the no...

AndrewD by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 thanks

Mobile Broadband - Outgoing settings for emial?

I have a vodafone pay as you go dongle for my laptop. Until recentely i could send and receive my plus.net emails via outlook express. However now i can only receive. The settings i used previously were outgoing server send.vodafone.net incoming ser...

bryan13 by Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 0 thanks

Mobile Broadband - Connection timeout

Hello all I had some problems with VMC on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, so as an alternative, I tried installing the Icon 431 driver from option.com which enables Windows to manage the connection. The device is recognised, Vodafone UK shows up as ...

Mobile Broadband - Coverage query

Hi, I have just bought payg mobile broadband. It works fine on GPRS but there's no 3g where I live - this doesn't seem to be a problem. I am going away next week to this area RH13 0TA and the coverage map says no mobile broadband coverage but full n...

jmanning by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 thanks

Vodafone K4505 Dongle - It's Not Working With Snow Leopard

Hi, Can somebody help me out here ? I have K4505 (non plug & play) USB stick and I am trying to make it work on Apple Macbook Pro (Mac OS 10.6.4 i.e. Snow Leopard). I have downloaded VARIOUS MAC versions of VMB software and neither of them have made...

Labels